A few legal DON’TS….you may think no one needs these, somewhat comical, reminders. However, all true stories – and most have happened more than once. They don’t make my list until we hit at least three instances!
Family Law Don’ts
- DON’T set your ex’s clothing and personal effects on fire.
- DON’T slash all your ex’s clothing and personal effects.
- DON’T set your ex’s home on fire or attempt to blow it up.
- DON’T use your ex’s clothing for a new litter box before you pack and deliver it.
- DON’T cash your retirement account and spend it during your divorce.
- DON’T introduce your fiancée on Facebook while your divorce is pending.
- DON’T discuss your case and child custody matters on Facebook for all your “friends” to view, screenshot and pass around. The attorney gets them all!
Criminal Law Don’ts
- DON’T let other people borrow your pants and leave drugs in them.
- DON’T buy purses at thrift stores if they really contain drugs.
- DON’T cuss out the officer who pulled you over.
DON’T talk to police about a charge because “innocent people don’t need attorneys.”
- DON’T post videos of your crime to social media.
- DON’T post pictures of the drugs you want to sell.
- DON’T call from the jail and discuss your case. That sign really means all calls are recorded.
One reason I love this job is meeting new people and hearing stories that I could not make up in my wildest imagination. I never get bored and have entertainment for days. No need to watch soap operas 😉
All aboard DRAMA EXPRESS!